Many people focus on the physical benefits of eating healthy, whilst sometimes overlooking that what we eat can affect our oral health. Eating the correct foods can lead to good oral health which will reduce the amount of time we need to spend with the dentist, the number of fillings required and can help us to avoid gum disease in later life. Following are five foods which are good for your teeth. Parents should take extra notice of their kids in helping them develop healthy teeth and form the habit of eating these foods at an early age, it can help them to maintain good oral health throughout their lives.
(1) Cheeses– cheese is very good for your teeth as it contains a lot of calcium. Calcium, as we know, is great for kids as it aids the development of teeth and bones so it is great if your kid likes to eat cheese as part of their lunch. Calcium also helps to fight cavities which will prevent fillings. Cheddar, Edam, and Camembert all get your saliva glands working. Silva is your mouths natural line of defense against plague. Saliva clears the mouth of food and other deposits which can turn into a plague. Saliva also provides a protective film to the teeth and helps to wash away and neutralize any damaging acids.
(2) Nuts– Nuts are a great source of protein and energy and they contain lots of vitamins and minerals that are also good for your teeth. Cashew nuts need to be chewed which will produce saliva. Peanuts contain lots of calcium and vitamin D. Almonds also contain lots of calcium. Walnuts are very rich in vitamins and minerals and contain fiber, folic acid, iron, thiamine, magnesium, iron, niacin, vitamin E, vitamin B6, potassium and zinc. It is important to drink water after you have eaten nuts, otherwise, bits can get stuck between your teeth and turn into a breeding ground for bacteria and plague.
(3) Fruit– Fruits which are rich in Vitamin C help improves the strength of gums and defend your mouth against gum disease. Oranges, strawberries, and pineapple all contain high levels of vitamin C. If you are eating acidic fruits such as oranges and lemons, they should be eaten as part of a larger meal to dilute the acid. Crunchy fruit like apples and pears are good for your mouth as chewing helps to generate saliva. Saliva, as we’ve said, helps to clean out your mouth and adds a layer of protection to your teeth.
(4) Vegetables – Vegetables can contain high levels of vitamin A which makes teeth strong and promotes the development of tooth enamel. Broccoli, sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts are all rich in Vitamin A. Raw vegetables are even better as the extra effort required to chew them cleans your teeth and is also good for your gums.
(5) Meat– High protein meats are good for your oral health as well as promoting good muscle growth. The protein contains phosphorus which when combined with calcium and Vitamin D produces our teeth and bones. Make sure you eat enough protein to keep your teeth healthy and reduce decay.
Platinum Dental Surgery clinic is a customer oriented dental care center providing affordable dental services for you ranging from cosmetic dentistry to gum treatment childhood dentistry and general dental practice.
I had a dental surgery done here and it wasn't bad at all. Doctor is very proficient, price was reasonable, customer service was great both before the surgery and after ( I got follow up calls till I was okay).
I will definitely recommend this hospital. Read Less
We visited platinum as a school and were amazed at the level of cleanliness and professionalism on display. The children were excited about the visit and they all learn how to effectively keep them clean.
Did I mention that I had to remove my 5 years olds tooth? She didn't have all that swelling and other effects associated with removal.
I'm very impressed with the international quality of service delivery.
Hauk Explorers Schools Read Less